This is the last in this first series of oil and water photographs I created a couple of weeks ago. In this one, I added some paprika to the mix and kept the marbles. I had also added some red pepper flakes, but decided it wasn’t working and so removed them as best as I could. There may still be one or two floating around in this composition, but they’re not obvious. At this point, the chemistry of my bubbles started breaking down what with all the extra components and I had to dump the contents of my first experiment down the drain.
Here is the next oil and water photo. This image is actually two shots superimposed one over the other. In one, I introduced glass marbles to the oil and water mixture. I then superimposed that one over one of the shots that had no marbles to provide a few more interesting lines and color throughout the composition. The marbles are reflecting sky and trees as I was making these photos in a sunroom.